(Continue below to see our recent accolades)
- April: Watch the CTV News segment on our research (in collaboration with Dr. Eric Deziel) on the antibiotic synergy of phenolic extracts from maple syrup.
- April: Listen to Professor Tufenkji's interview with Bob MacDonald on CBC radio's Quirks and Quarks.
- October: Our research on the effects of freeze-thaw on pathogen transport in agricultural soil is covered in an episode of Électrons Libres on Télé-Québec
- March: Our discovery of the antibiotic synergy of maple syrup extracts is highlighted in Quebec Science magazine!
- February: Catch Prof. Tufenkji's presentation on the synergistic action of maple syrup with antibiotics as part of Montreal En Lumiere's special event: "Sensory Seminar on Maple," scheduled for Thursday, February 25, 6pm @ Agora Hydro-Quebec (175 President-Kennedy Ave.)
- January: Our research on maple syrup is featured in the January 2016 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine
- December: Check out VICE's article detailing our research on maple syrup!
- August: Our project on the synergistic action of maple syrup with antibiotics is shortlisted for the IChemE Sustainable Technology Award
- April - May: Our research on the synergistic action of maple syrup with antibiotics is featured in over 100 different media outlets, including The Huffington Post, the Wall Street Journal, CBC News, CTV News, Journal Le Monde, and more. Our discovery was tweeted by NSERC and the Government of Canada's Foreign Affairs Department!
- April: Prof. Tufenkji gives live television interviews on CTV News (national), and TVA morning show "Salut, Bonjour" and radio interviews for CBC News, Radio-Canada, Vermont Public Radio on the lab's research on the antimicrobial synergy of maple syrup.
- March: Prof. Tufenkji was invited by the National Congress of Italian-Canadians to speak about Women in Engineering on the occasion of International Women's Day.
- February: Prof. Tufenkji was invited by the Quebec Order of Engineers to a public interview within the series “Femmes de génie” series.
- November: Prof. Tufenkji's research and career profiles are highlighted in the magazine PLAN of the Quebec Order of Engineers (November-December 2014 issue).
- March: An article is published in Industrial Water World on our work examining adsorption of tannic materials to metal substrates used in the water processing industry.
- July - August: Our research on the health benefits of cranberries was highlighted in more than 20 media outlets including local Montreal radio shows (e.g., 98.5FM), Huffington Post (Canada), Daily Mail (UK), Health.com, and Times of India.
- July: Prof. Tufenkji is interviewed on Radio-Canada program on food and nutrition “Bien dans son assiette” on our research on the health benefits of cranberries
- October: Our work on the protection of groundwater is highlighted in GENIAL, the electronic bulletin of FQRNT strategic clusters and team research projects.
- January: Prof. Tufenkji is interviewed for mini-documentary on Canal Savoir on the subject of our research on water quality protection.
- March: Our research on E. coli in drinking water is featured in the McGill Reporter
- February: Our research on prevention of bacterial attachment by cranberry-derived compounds is featured in the McGill Reporter
- October: Prof. Tufenkji is interviewed on CTV News on the subject of the contamination of Quebec lakes by algal blooms.
- June: Jeff (with co-authors Emeric, Jacopo and Rachel) win best poster award at the Gordon Research Conference on Environmental Nanotechnology.
- May: Congratulations to Kuan Wei on being awarded an NSERC USRA Scholarship, Sunny Weng on being awarded a 2-year FRQNT Master’s Fellowship, and Shawn Chahal on being awarded a 3-year NSERC Doctoral Fellowship.
- May: Professor Tufenkji is awarded the Tier I Canada Research Chair in Biocolloids and Surfaces.
- May: Congratulations to Mira on being awarded a two-year NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Nariman wins Best Poster (1st Place) at the McGIll Sustainability Research Symposium.
- March: Sanya wins Best Masers' Student Presentation at the McGill/Ecole Polytechnique Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Day.
- February: N. Yousefi awarded a C. Ellen Gonter Environmental Chemistry Best Student Paper Award by the American Chemical Society Division of Environmental Chemistry, February 15, 2017. This is the highest award given to students by the Division of Environmental Chemistry.
- February: N. Lin winner of the 5th Annual Sustainable Innovation through Green Chemistry Case Competition, McGill University, February 10, 2017.
- January: Congratulations to Amin on being awarded a three-year NSERC Doctoral Scholarship.
- January: New PhD students Amin Valiei, Buki Alimi, and Dami Pikuda are awarded MEDA Fellowships.
January: N. Yousefi awarded 2017 Star Student Researcher by the Centre québecois des matériaux fonctionnels (CQMF), Montreal, QC, January 31, 2017.
- November: N. Yousefi awarded 1st Place Oral Presentation at the 9th Colloquium of the Centre québecois des matériaux fonctionnels (CQMF), Montreal, QC, November 25, 2016.
- October: Professor Tufenkji is named a Top 10 Reviewer for the journal Environmental Science: Nano published by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- October: Nariman Yousefi is awarded best poster in the Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology category at the McGill Engineering Research Showcase.
- September: Professor Tufenkji is elected to the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists of the Royal Society of Canada (RSC)
- August: Kerry wins 1st place in the "Water and Environment" category at the SURE Poster Competition at McGill University
- May: Congratulations to Nicholas Lin on being awarded an Eugenie Ulmer Lamothe Scholarship for his Master’s study.
- May: Postdoctoral fellow Vimal Maisuria and Professor Nathalie Tufenkji are awarded a William and Rhea Seath Award in Engineering Innovation
- May: Professor Tufenkji is awarded a Principal's Prize for Outstanding Emerging Researchers
- March: Christine Pu is awarded Best Undergraduate Research Poster at the 4th McGill/Ecole Polytechnique Chemical Engineering Research Day
- March: Congratulations to Shawn on being awarded an NSERC Graduate Scholarship and an FQRNT Scholarship
- March: Professor Tufenkji is the 2016 winner of the CSChE Hatch Innovation Award
- February: New Ph.D. students Shawn Chahal, Mandana Tavakolian, and Agil Azimzada are awarded MEDA Fellowships. New M.Eng. student Anya Filina is awarded a MEUSMA Fellowship
- February: Jack Minchom, Kerry Lawless and Emily Curling are awarded SURE Scholarships. Sunny Weng and Jonathan Johnson are awarded EUL Summer Scholarships. Congratulations to our new summer undergraduate researchers!
- June: Ryan wins best poster award at the Gordon Research Conference on Environmental Nanotechnology
- June: Mohan wins 2nd place in the 2014-2015 Golder Foundation Awards
- May: Mike and Nick win best PhD and best Undergraduate poster presentation award respectively at the 17th Annual CSChE Biotechnology Meeting
- May: Shawn wins the undergraduate student award in environmental chemistry by the American Chemical Society Division of Environmental Chemistry
- March: Mike wins the design challenge at the 7th annual hands-on workshop in micro and nanobiotechnologyat McGill University
- March: Jacqueline wins best undergraduate research poster at the 3rd McGill/Ecole Polytechnique Chemical Engineering Research Day
- February: New PhD students Nariman Yousefi, Laura Hernandez Rodriguez, and Arsham Hakimzadeh Rezaeyeh win MEDA Fellowships
- Ryan places 2nd in the International Case Competition at IGRC 2014
- September: Bahareh wins the 2014 CH2M Hill/AEESP Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award
- August: Shawn wins 1st place in the "Water and Environment" category at the SURE Poster Competition at McGill University
- May: Spencer wins an undergraduate student award in Environmental Chemistry by the American Chemical Society Division of Environmental Chemistry
- March: Louis wins best Masters student presentation at the 2nd McGill/Ecole Polytechnique Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Day at Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal
- May: Zeinab wins 2nd place in the oral presentations at the 16th Annual CSChE Biotechnology Meeting
- February: Bahareh wins a 2014 American Chemical Society Graduate Student Paper Award - the highest award given to students by the Division of Environmental Chemistry
- November: Mohan wins best PhD student oral presentation in his session at the McGill Chemical Engineering Research Day.
- March: Daniel wins best Masters' student presentation at the 1st McGill/Ecole Polytechnique Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Day
- September: Adamo wins best student presentation at the 7th International Conference of the Environmental Effects of Nanoparticles and Nanomaterials
- Winter term: Adamo wins best PhD Graduate Seminar in the Department of Chemical Engineering
- March: Nick wins 2nd place in oral presentations at the 11th ANnual Graduate Student Colloquium of the Brace Center for Water Resources Management
- C. Ohl wins 4th best Bachelor's Thesis presented by the Department of Water Chemistry, University of Duisburg
- July: Adamo wins 3rd place in the Poster Competition at the Biannual Conference of the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP)
- June: D.A. Morris receives honourable mention in the NSERC-CREATE-Integrated Sensor Systems Summer School Poster Competition held at McGill University
- June: Kevin wins 1st place in poster presentations at the 61st Annual Conference of the Canadian Society of Microbiologists
- May: Zeinab wins 1st place in oral presentations at the 13th Annual Ontario-Quebec CSChE Biotechnology Meeting
- March: Adamo wins 1st place in oral presentations at the 10th Annual Graduate Student Colloquium of the Brace Center for Water Resources Management
- August: Yonatan wins 2nd place at the 2nd Annual SURE Poster Competition held at McGill University
- April: Zeinab wins 1st place in oral presentations at the 9th Annual Graduate Student Colloquium of the Brace Center for Water Resources Management
- M. Keller wins the Axel-Semrau Award for Best Bachelor's Thesis by the Department of Water Chemistry, University of Duisburg-Essen
- July: Catherine is awarded the 2nd place for Master's Thesis Award presented by 2009 AEESP Research and Education Conference
- May: Robert wins a C. Ellen Gonter Environmental Chemistry Best Student Paper Award presented by the American Chemical Society Division of Environmental Chemistry
- May: Cristina wins 1st place in poster presentations at the 1st International Conference on Microbial Transport and Survival in Porous Media
- April: Irwin's Master's research is highlighted in the March-April 2009 edition of the ACFAS magazine "Découvrir" (Vol 30, Issue 2)
- February: Zeinab wins 1st place in Oral Presentations (Henry I. Bolker Award) at the Annual Meeting of the Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada
- September: Irwin is selected as a finalist for an NSERC Innovation Challenge Award
- May: Kevin receives the Sigma Xi Excellence in Undergraduate Research Award
- March: Robert wins 1st place in oral presentation at the 6th Annual Graduate Student Colloquium of the Brace Center for Water Resources Management
- November: Robert wins best student oral presentation at the 22nd Eastern Canadian Symposium on Water Quality Research