JOin our Team:
The interdisciplinary nature of our research provides students with the relevant experience to work in several strategic areas of engineering and applied sciences, including emerging fields in the nano-sciences and biomedical sciences.
Examples of projects available to new Masters or PhD students include:
- Designing a point of use water filtration system for developing countries
- Understanding mechanisms of nanoparticle toxicity at the molecular and whole organism levels
- Green synthesis of nanomaterials
- Identifying the potential antimicrobial action of natural plant and berry derivatives
- Developing and testing bioactive antimicrobial materials for biomedical and environmental applications
To Potential graduate students:
Highly qualified and motivated students interested in pursuing a PhD or M.Eng degree in one of our research areas are encouraged to contact Prof. Tufenkji (email@example.com).
Prestigious fellowships are available for outstanding candidates and in certain cases projects may involve collaboration with researchers at other institutions (e.g. Universite de Montreal, Waterloo, University of Vienna, and Institut national de la recherche scientifique) or in other departments at McGill (e.g. Medicine, Civil Engineering, Parasitology, or Bioresource Engineering). We also offer the opportunity to carry out an internship during the graduate degree.
To Potential Undergraduate and visiting researchers:
Opportunities exist for undergraduate students in Engineering or Science to pursue a research project course in our laboratory. We also host international graduate students on an ad-hoc basis. Interested students are encouraged to contact Prof. Tufenkji (firstname.lastname@example.org).